After 25 years of re-inventing and improving the DualShock controller, Sony unveiled a new controller for its next-gen console.
Here’s quick and simplified breakdown of the DUALSENSE.
- ‘Share’ button has been replaced with the ‘Create’ button which does as the name implies, create gameplay content to be shared.
- Haptic feedback instead of the old rumble.
- Adaptive triggers (L2/R2) that can be adjusted for different gameplay sensation.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech from the console to the DualSense which creates a feeling of immersion while playing.
- Integrated microphone (for a quick in-game chat)
- USB-C charging port on top (replacing the old port)
- Buttons have a more rounded shape
- The PS Home button is not cut as the ‘PS’ shape
DUALSENSE (Official pictures, as released by Sony)